10 September 2011

NYC Postcards: An Apple To Remember

NYC. One of my favorite cities to visit. The pulsating pace screams LOVE upon touchdown. Some of my Must-Do's: Shopping at Soho. Subway. Architectural Photos. Food Finds. Broadway. NYC drinks.

I had dreamed of studying fashion at the Big Apple, known as the cosmopolitan style destination. But, Fashion and Beauty Editor work got the better of me (I'm not complaining!), and that dream seemed to have been buried. It didn't stop me from visiting the city, from time to time, like a true New Yorker

I love taking the public transport in NYC. It makes me feel like a local.
Hitting the subway with my USA mole, Leslie G.

One Fine Fall Day. A typical afternoon at Bryant Park. I love the reflections clearly seen on the building!
Shutterbug Syd: One of my fave shots of Bryant Park.
Broadway. Watching it 2x doesn't stop me from tearing up. It never fails to tug at the heartstrings.
I will never tire watching this musical!
FDNY (Fire Department New York). Thanks to nephew lil F, the family trooped to the museum and witnessed moving videos and photos. I left the place in tears listening to the department's volunteer veterans share their 9-11 experience.
In memory of 9-11. FDNY commemorates the heroes.
NYC by Foot. We finally found Ippudo NYC! Cooling our heels with ice cold beers from our Pinoy bartender! How cool is that?
Sharing a beer with BIL F at Ippudo NYC. My little glass wasn't enough!
Leslie G surprises me with her yummy foodie finds. Must orders: Cuban Sandwich and Buttery Grilled Corn. Spell: Yum to the nth degree! Worth the calories. Expect a long line in this Prince street branch (Nolita).
Before chowing at Cafe Habana-YUM!
Wickedly Good. Another Broadway show that hit the spot. I was treated to this Broadway show by my sis, which made it all the more special!
A Welcome Treat--Wicked kicked some royal *ss!
No matter how far, I will keep visiting NYC. I've fallen in LOVE!!

8 comments:

Gorgonia said...

ay kaloka i still remember our trip! that was so fun. in fairness nasama pa si bill sa pictures mo ROFL! si penny wala nauna pa si bill. hahaha! awe i can't wait till we go again! :)

ChinaDoll Style said...

HAHA! You're missing the part where I honored you! haha. We both look thin. ugh. This was back in 2009 lang!!!

Anonymous said...

Traveling truly makes the world smaller and the traveler wiser. Great post,specially since NYC is my favest place in Uncle Sam's vast collection...

farrah

ChinaDoll Style said...

@Farrah How true. And add to that it is a great teacher to people especially if one is able to get lost in the city and learn new things, don't you think? :) LOVE NYC! :)

Far Skyes said...

Wonderful post... so apt too for the upcoming 9/11 anniv. Just goes to show you can't put a goood city down!

Peaches said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE NYC!!! I miss the vibe, the art scene, the fast paced life...I can stay there forever and ever. I will never tire of visiting this city that never sleeps. I must have been a former New Yorker in another life.

Mahaderang Frog said...

Love your outfits! So chic:)

ChinaDoll Style said...

Just saw your comment my dear cuz! Thanks! Vain Glory! haha literally.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...