05 September 2011

Cuppa Joe

Boyds Phils.' The Robert Francisco brewed for me a special cup of joe

Caffeine Fix.
I used to hear colleagues at my first job (Mega Magazine) say I need my quick coffee fix. I would just always tag along to get a bit of fresh air after hours of being cooped up in my cube. I would end up ordering an iced tea or something with chocolate (another yum!). I never understood their fixation on wanting this cup so bad. 
BIL F of Farskyes, waiting for his fresh Zabar's Beans

After my friend K sent me a Zabar's Coffee package from New York City back in 2006, did I fully convert to being a self-confessed Coffee Addict. 
Taking a break at Corner Bakery Dallas, Texas

For a bit of a history- my family, starting with dad and mom had been avid (and i mean avid) coffee lovers way before the Starbucks chain hit Manila. They would go to great lengths to search new coffee shops, making it their version of "bonding". When my sister P married my brother-in-law (BIL) F, the coffee fever reached its all time high! Check out his documented love affair with coffee, from flavor to cup, Farskyes Blog.
SFO's Blue Bottle Iced Cofee--one of my SFO musts!

I started with cold coffee blended drinks--not yet the most real thing, F would tell me. A lot has changed these days, I now enjoy taking my pipin' hot cuppa joe with a bit of sugar and a bit of milk, like a true coffee aficionado. A little latte art on my frothy cup doesn't hurt 1 bit-nice to look at, warm on the palette!

I've wondered : When will I ever brew my own perfect cup? After all, I won't always have BIL F to craft the perfect brew for me!!!

I am Sydney, and I'm a coffee addict! Are you one too? Send in your thoughts, and make it the Coffeeholics Anonymous Club! ☺You just might win a slot in the upcoming Coffee Tea BY Me (You) workshop this September 30,2011!!

2 comments:

Far Skyes said...

in the old times drinking coffee was "needed" in bridging gaps among tribes or cultures; or as a form of peace offering. God bless this beverage for bringing families, friends, business associates & new acquaintances together... closer even!

ChinaDoll Style said...

How True Far Skyes! It's a wonder how 1 cup is able to do that! I can't wait to attend your Coffee Tea BY Me workshop this September 30 with Studio SnR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...