25 August 2011

Earning My Stripes

Fate, Actually. The upcoming 6-day long weekend in Manila made me want to hie off to a place of sun and fun! Checking my 'finds' cabinet, I almost forgot I had this cool surprise find from Freeport, Maine. 


Sailing Away at Seabags
"Seek and you shall find" --Being one to get tons of magazines/maps to navigate a foreign place, I saw this little sign Seabags that supposedly produced RECYCLED sails into tote bags! It piqued my curiosity and insisted we pass by that store. I'm glad we did!

Feel the Breeze; Smell the Ocean
Show Me The Bling. The store silently screamed perfect "Maine". Clean lines, wood and rope are visibly seen all over, very nautical chic. What caught my eye were the Gold series (as I call it). I personally gravitate towards a bit of bling, you see. 

The Gold Shrine that Caught My Fancy
North Star. I had the opportunity to chat with Hannah Kubiak (co-owner of Seabags along with Beth Shissler), and she told me that since each sail is different,each tote is precious. It's sort of like different memories and experiences are etched on it, how magical! I love that about it. I could see the hard work, creativity that went on for each piece (no piece would be the same, only similar perhaps!). Luckily, they had this morning offer for some medium-sized totes to be sold at a lower price (It came out to be about USD47.25)--I got grabbed one automatically. Definitely a steal to the usual USD 105). I chose a medium from the available designs and got the N/S Design. It reminds me of a compass or that it may stand for North Star, yes, that brightly lit star that shows you the way..

Posing with Hannah toting my (left) purchase and (right) my bling wish--soon!!
Isn't it the coolest? I'm so excited to use it to put all only essentials for the upcoming trip! I hope it becomes available in Manila soon! How's your upcoming holiday plans coming along?

Special thanks to Hannah for gamely posing with me! Photos by Franklin and Peaches Tiu.
Visit www.seabags.com or #6 Bow Street, Freeport, Maine 04032


6 comments:

Peaches said...

Finally a note on seabags! =)

Far Skyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChinaDoll Style said...

Thank you Peaches and Far Skyes! It felt good to once again reminisce that Maine trip, with a memorable "souvenir" to boot!

Far Skyes said...

You were able to seize the moment and bottle it into a narrative & informative blogpost. better email the Seabags owner, she might send your article to the local papers of Portland MA for posting... cheers to more travel posts!

JenniferMacDonald said...

Awesome article. Being from Maine it makes my heart happy when I see a Maine business get a shout out.

I also blogged about my recent trip to Maine and my latest SeaBag purchase! http://bit.ly/pD21gi

ChinaDoll Style said...

hi Jennifer! Thank you! Yes, Maine is just beautiful and picturesque!!I will definitely read through your entry now!! I hope to know more about the different parts of Maine!! :) Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...