21 March 2012

Turning Modern Japanese at Nomama Artisanal Ramen

I'll stick to my other love --noticing interiors and details (again!) of new places to visit. Nomama Artisanal Ramen tucked in busy Quezon City was recommended by fashionista couple Jason and Lloyda (of Fashionista Fortune Cookie fame) Tan. No frills and functional get first dibs upon entering. Aside from being greeted by ready hellos and smiles, this little piggly wiggly greets me. Funny that it reminds me of naughty pigs still going to heaven (check King Triton's huge pitchfork).

This Pig Goes To Heaven on a Pitchfork

I'm not going into the type of food served (although i especially loved the Thai Green Curry Ramen and Twice Cooked Pork Belly best).
Twice Cooked Pork Belly

I have to admit I do love the functionality of the wooden box for the utensils. The little green plant adds life to the spartan set up too. Since I'm into stamping, I appreciated the stamp effect on the paper mats♥
Love the Wood + Stamp Feel

It's nice to get reacquainted with Chef Him Uy de Baron (also of East Cafe in Rustan's fame). A busy body in and out of the kitchen, he takes time to chat with guests. Chance upon him working his kitchen except of course on his days off. His clean open kitchen made me feel safe --obviously cleanliness is top priority for me when dining out!

An Open Kitchen means Hygiene all the way


Opposites Attract. I was especially intrigued with this wash bin. The mirrors' layout is something fresh for the eyes but paired with the old school heavy wash bin creates an intriguing combination.

Wash Area Fascination


Oodles of noodles. Perhaps tagged as a famous wall, I love the "boat is sinking" feel to this. HAHA! Polaroid shots are clipped on the ropes that could may as well be the ramen noodles? Or it could simply be the boat's fishing net? Whichever way, it adds texture to the clean interiors of Nomama Artisanal Ramen.
Noodle War or Fishing Escapade


Special Mentions. I love how they cook the egg in the ramen. Firm on the outside, semi-gooey on the inside. Yummy. For Dessert, the Flourless Chocolate cake is divine!! ( I don't have the photo as it was devoured before I can even say, cheese!)

My Egg of Choice..:P


Nomama Artisinal Ramen is located at G/F FSS Building 2, Scout Tuason corner Scout Castor Streets, Quezon City. Phone (2) 9214913

1 comment:

Care to Bare said...

My friends and I tried this when I saw the post. Thanks for the feature!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...